pi

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blessed

As I look at my child I can't help but to feel blessed, because GOD decided to give her to me to raise in the fear and admiration of him. Which makes me know that the job I have before me is a great one. Not just to get her to 18 so that she can graduate from high school, but to help her become a woman of GOD. A person that knows and loves him and who is a productive member of society. It is my responsibility to make the foundation for her relationship with him. I have to have a walk that she can look to as a representation of what it is to be a Christian woman. It is my duty to teach her to be knowledgeable as well as understanding, strong but still compassionate. This has all dawned on me at this particular time because last month she started crawling and already she is cruising. She is already showing me her personality and she is independent. She is no longer that infant that depended on me for everything, she is aware of the world around her and she wants to explore it. And though right now it is just the kitchen and backyard, I know that the desire will take her to places that I am not able to go with her. So I have realized that I have to get her ready for that day, weather it is the first day of kindergarten when she is afraid and unsure or the first day at college when she is truly on her on for the first time. All I can do is look to my savior and say: Lord Help Me...

2 comments:

  1. Such true words! I know you will lead by example and produce a wonderful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job so far, and I have no doubt you will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete