pi

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

This weekend Marcus, Olivia, and I went to the Rodeo for some good family fun! This was Marcus' first time and he didn't know what to expect but he really enjoyed himself, we all did. I think that the thing we all enjoyed the most was the food. We ate a little bit of everything. Unfortunately we didn't try any fried cheesecake, snickers, or Oreos because Olivia couldn't have them and Marcus doesn't do sweets.
We went to see the animals while we let our food digest. Olivia really surprised me she did the camel ride all by herself and she loved it. She was a little more nervous about feeding the animals in the petting zoo because they kinda attacked you as soon as they smelled the food but daddy took over the feeding for her.
After the animals all the food we ate had settled so we started riding the rides. I didn't know how Olivia would feel about them so we started with a kiddie airplane ride that you could make go up in the air and back down to the ground. Every time I went up she screamed with excitement and every time I went down she asked me to go up again. After that she said she wanted to ride the big Ferris wheel. I thought she was going to be scared when we got to the top but she loved it and really enjoyed pointing out to me how small the people were. I, however grew more and more nervous as we went up higher and higher but her excitement calmed me and helped me to enjoy it more. Marcus rode with a little girl that had come to the rodeo with her grandma because she couldn't ride by herself. After that we rode a dragon roller coaster and every time we went down we would raise our hands up in the air.
We also played some games to try to win Olivia some stuff but Marcus was the only one to win and he won her a basketball. But it was a really fun day and we cant wait until next year so we can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment