pi

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo


Two weekends ago we went to the Rodeo with my aunt Ella (Tella to Olivia) and her son DJ. We parked downtown and road the train there. This is us on the way there. I have found that you meet some very interesting people on the train and even more so during the rodeo. Having now been on both the Metro and the Dart, I must say the Dart is much better.


Olivia loved looking at all the people. She had on her little jean jacket but it really was a nice night. I am happy the weather was good because here you know it can change from one min to the next.

I really wanted to go so Olivia could see all the animals, but I must admit the main reason we went was for the food. As soon as we got there we stopped at the first food stand and got a turkey leg. That was Olivia's first one and as you can see she loved it. We also ate corn dogs and DJ had pizza. And to top things off...........

We ate this.. and THIS is fried cheesecake, Oreos, and Snickers.The cheesecake was good and I didn't get to taste any on the Snickers. I did however get to taste the Oreos and they were the best and craziest thing I ever tasted. I would highly recommend them.





DJ had a fried Twinkie which I can only assume he loved because he would not share it with me or my aunt (his mom).




After being there for a little while Olivia got tired of the stroller and wanted out. So I walked around with her on my shoulders and she loved it.








When my shoulders got tired my aunt took a turn. There was music playing so livi was dancing around and loved being so high up








Between all the eating we did get a chance to see a lot of animals. This is a pic of Tella and livi looking at the sheep. We also saw some camels which you could ride but livi was to small to get on one. Below are some of the other animals we saw at the petting zoo.




























No comments:

Post a Comment